My Freelance Writer Portfolio
I’ve worked across many fields as a freelance writer. I have the most experience in copywriting and content marketing, travel writing and food writing. Below you can find some examples of my work.
Here is a link to an infographic that I contributed words to for Atlantic Re:think entitled How Can We Preserve the Modern Crime Scene?
When I arrived in Melbourne in September of 2015, I immediately took up a position as contributing editor for Hood Food Guide. HFG is a start-up food guide, sponsored by Chin Chin and the Victoria Tourism Board, that aims to show mainly an audience of 20-somethings to early 30-somethings the best places to eat and drink in their Melbourne hood. I helped develop the brand’s voice and created most of the written content for the site, from Venue Bios to Host Bios to trend pieces and more. As HFG expanded, I interviewed and hired new writers, pitched more stories, assigned articles, edited them and posted them on the site.
Here is a list with links to some of the work I have completed for Hood Food Guide:
- Nick Coulter: The Duke of Windsor
- How to Start a Restaurant? Three Tips From Bistro Thierry Owner, Thierry Cornevin
- HFG Windsor: Snapshot
- You’ve Done Everything Else There. Why Not Eat Windsor’s Best Thai Food, Too?
- Turn Dinner Into Drinks: Windsor’s Best Date Spot
- Time to Treat Yo’Self & Indulge: Visit Windsor’s Most Finger-Lickin’ Venue
- Are There Better Hosts for Hood Food Guide Episode Two? We Think Not
- HFG Collingwood: Snapshot
- HFG Northcote: Snapshot
- Six Valentine’s Day Restaurants in Melbourne For Every Type of Couple
- HFG North Fitzroy: Snapshot
- Karen Batson: The Kitchen Queen of Melbourne
- Snapshot: Preston’s Best Four Venues and Why, Listed
- Windsor Deli- Come for a Sandwich, Stay for a Cookie. Or Three.
- The Best Pizza in Northcote: Pizza Meine Liebe
- Best Pizza in Collingwood: Lazer Pig Pizza Parlour
- Parlour Diner
- The Best Dining in Northcote: Merricote
- Mr Miyagi
- Most Authentic Thai in Collingwood: Mama Nee
- Jungle Boy
- Jim’s Greek Tavern
- Best Crepes in Northcote: Myrtles Crepes and Coffee
- Best Date Spot in Northcote: Estelle Bistro
- Journeyman Cafe
- Gone in 60 Seconds: Billy Van Creamy Gelato Truck
- Colonel Tan’s
- Mr Burger Food Truck
- Best Coffee in Collingwood: Aunty Peg’s
- Best Vietnamese Roll in Collingwood: Trang Bakery
- Bistro Thierry
- Best Breakfast in Northcote: Red Door Corner Store
Published Travel Articles
I have been steadily contributing to Matador Network since 2015. You can view each of the articles, as well as a few other published travel pieces, on my Published Work page.
Below are a few samples that link directly to the articles on Matador.
- Birthright is meant to strengthen your Jewish identity. Here’s how it made mine shaky
- 6 issues millenials need to be looking out for this election
- 12 side effects I had as an American living in Melbourne
- Dear USA, I’m breaking up with you
- 8 reasons why a work exchange is the best way to travel
I have worked odd freelance copywriting jobs for over two years, covering a broad range of topics. Since September 2015, I have been a contracted freelancer for Spotzer, Inc., a company that helps small to medium businesses across the globe embrace the digital world.
My approach to working in content marketing and copywriting is to first research the industry that I am writing about, then research what has already been written about the topic, and then find ways to cover information that people search for on Google and other engines, but that isn’t heavily written about, yet. I use SEO tools to create web pages and blogs that are keyword-focused and easily scannable.
While I cannot disclose the names of my clients, below are some examples of industries that I have written about:
- Real estate and urban development
- Health and dentistry
- Veterinary Services
- Home and garden (decor, flooring, windows, doors, safety, landscaping, plumbing, etc)
As a supplement, and ultimately an example of the type of work I can produce, please refer to two freelance copywriting jobs that I worked on and have been given permission to share:
I am happy to send you examples of my work. Please fill out the contact form below with questions or requests for samples.
Huntington Theatre Company
While studying at Boston University, I briefly worked for the Huntington Theatre Company as a production office assistant. I wrote a few amatuer guest blog entries about life and production backstage, as you can see below.
- Educating Rita vs Sons of the Prophet
- Vengeance is the Lord’s: From Shop to Stage
- In the Shops & MDASH; Thanksgiving Dinner
- Vengeance is the Lord’s: Construction Begins
If you require a freelance writer with a range of experience in short-form and long-form, blogging, listicles, news articles, magazine articles, copywriting, copyediting, travel writing, food writing, how-to’s, etc., please don’t hesitate to contact me using the form below!